We are looking for the secretariat of the Wheat Initiative in Berlin-Dahlem a
Communication Manager/Communication Officer
a maternity protection representation, starting on the 17th March 2019
The position is limited to 23rdJune 2019 with the option for extension of a parental leave representation.
The Communication Manager will support the Program Manager in the areas public relations, (social) media, and marketing of the Secretariat. He/she will report to the Program Manager and will work in the Secretariat based in Berlin.
- organisation and implantation of marketing (in consultation)
- internal communications and press as well as public relations of the Wheat Initiative in German and English
- technical and editorial
- support and design of print and digital media
- assistance of the editorial work
- support of the organisation of national and international receptions and conferences
- liaison with other administrative and support groups and colleagues in the JKI; general support and interaction with colleagues in the JKI.
A university or bachelor degree in marketing, communication and digital media or a comparable discipline an excellent written and oral command of English;
- willingness to occasional travel
- good knowledge and experience in the use of print and digital media, media design,
- as well as public relations and marketing
- good PC skills (Windows, Microsoft Office and Outlook)
- able to work in a team and willingness to support others; good general knowledge, polite, friendly and open personality
An employment with 19,5 hours a week. The employment contract will be based
on the collective agreement for the public service in Germany (TVöD). A remuneration according to salary group E10 TVöD, provided that the successful
applicant meets the required qualification and personal specification. In case of equal qualification, applicants with disabilities will be specially considered.
Only a minimum of physical fitness is required.The Julius Kühn-Institute promotes gender equality in the workplace.In order to support the reconciliation of families and work, the JKI offers flexible working models within the scope of the employment possibilities.
We invite qualified applicants to submit their complete application in English under the Reference No. “B-WI-Komm. 02/18” by 10thJanuary2019 to
Julius Kühn-Institut (JKI)
Bundesforschungsinstitut für Kulturpflanzen
Applications must be submitted in writing not via e-mail.
For further information, please call +49(0)30 83042605 (Dr. Alisa-Naomi Sieber) or send an e-mail to: alisa.sieber(at)julius-kuehn(dot)de